Saturday, June 21, 2008

second semester work

My interest in data visualization excercises came from second semester studio. I had computation with Yury Gitman. There I learned processing and felt that it was a great tool to visualize concepts.
My final project was a data visualization tool that stemed from two data sets - war and horror movies. Below is a brief introduction to the project.

Introduction:
This project explores the possibilities of relating different types of cultural artifacts to events such as wars and the economy. During the research into movie statistics, employment rates, war histories, a visualization tool is planned to draw comparisons between these distinct sets of data.

the complete project can be found at yg.typepad.com/computation08
I am currently unable to go to many blogs in China. so hope it's still there.

No comments: