Friday, June 27, 2008

start of reading and research

Lately I have been preoccupied by my calligraphy class. It seems that time really flies when you are writing with a brush. It takes me more than a half hour to write a four line poem for homework. Do this a few times, and the morning or afternoon is gone. It is hard but definitely feels like a luxury. Also my grandpa is very happy to see this.
I am lucky that my grandparents with whom i am staying are extremely punctual with their meals, thus breaking my days into definite sections.
Starting today, a little more than a week before heading back to new york, I will be doing more active work for thesis. 

Will start reading:
1. packet of readings from school

2. readings from ocw 1
will also follow this course

seems interesting

4. technology and war
by Martin Van Creveld

5. I am also going to suggest to eric that we follow the documenting cultures course from mit open course ware together.

No comments: